Fan Pages are becoming more and more popular on Facebook. They are a great way for people to connect directly with their favorite companies or brands.
If you own a small business or even if you just have a great product to sell, you need a presence on Facebook and other social media. Or maybe you are an artist and you want to promote your artwork. Maybe you run a charity and want to gain more exposure for your cause. The best way to get engagement from your target audience on Facebook is through a Fan Page.
Fan pages help you to find that target audience through the Facebook search engine.
Create Your Own Fan Page
Let’s walk through some basic steps, to help you create your own Fan Page. It’s a simple process.
- Log in to your personal Facebook account. Of course, I’m assuming you are on Facebook already with a personal account.
- On your Facebook homepage or News Feed, look at the left sidebar. You will see a section called “Pages.” Click on one of those links, for example, the link that says “Like Pages.” This will take you to the Pages site on Facebook. There you will see recommended pages for you.
- Look at the top right of the page for a green button that says “+ Create Page.” Click that button and you will enter the section to create your own Fan Page.
- Now select the section that your business falls under…Local Business/Place, Company/Organization/Institution, Brand/Product, etc.
- Once you select your section, you will be prompted to enter information about your business or organization for your page. The information will help Facebook categorize your page for others to find you. You can skip this section and enter the information later if you prefer.
The rest of the information is rather self-explanatory. Depending on your type of page, Facebook will request information from you for the page. Enter as much or as little information as you like. You will be able to go back and change the page info later.
Generally, the page will ask for a picture and for information for the “About” section. Once you have all the information entered, the page will be “live.”
Congratulations! You have created your very own Facebook Fan Page. Of course, there is much more than you can do with your page. Stay tuned to this blog for more information.